Friday, August 10, 2007

Thing 22: Audiobooks


Ugg...I know I said viewing problems as challenges is an easier thing for me, but I'll be honest. I really was not looking forward to playing with Net Library again. I've used it in the past, to no avail, but I tried to keep an open mind and start from scratch like I was using it for the first time.

After playing with it again...

I still can't download to my iPod (which I know from researching this has to do primarily with Apple, and while I -heart- Apple, this kinda ticks me off). Since I don't have a different MP3 player, I'd have to sit at the computer and listen to a book. No thanks -- I'm not really a big audiobook fan. My mind wanders when I try to listen to them. I can't tell you how many I've tried to listen to in the car...I mean everything from Freckle Juice to Janet Evanovich to a variety of biographies.

I also couldn't find some of the books I was searching for. Not to be a "Debbie Downer," but Net Library? Not for me.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Wow, you're almost done! I loved the picture you selected. I'm not impressed with Netlibrary either.
So far all of the books I've downloaded have been from Overdrive. My husband bought me a GoGear MP3 player just so that I can listen to audiobooks when I'm walking.