Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Thing 16: Wild About Wikis

Hi, my name is Julie and I'm a wikiholic.
To quote Pat J., "it's a non-stop train!"

At home, I find myself on Wikipedia, feverishly searching some tidbit of information -- and by golly, I'll end up on some crazy (I use the term mildly) adventure...that wastes a couple precious hours.

Libraries have their own wikis!?! I've had fun searching the St. Joseph County Public Library's Subject Guides and used the MLA Conference wiki briefly back in May.

I think wikis could be used in a variety of ways throughout the library. What if book clubs posted their book selections on a wiki and linked to more information regarding the author and kindred books? Gosh, we could even link to the databases in the different subject areas.

Out of the 23 Things thus far, I think this is in the top 3. So...can we do this? :)

No comments: